Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
This is why I am so very untrusting of the mental health systems…
#1
I have been racking my brain trying to find a therapist who is gender dysphoria neutral- critical would be best, but I cant even find a neutral therapist willing to take on anything that has any inclination of GD and they tell me they can’t take on our family. 
I have had extensive conversations with therapists, who deal with anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues and I explain how unfair it is of them to not address these issues with my DD. I made it clear to those who were “hands off” how much of a detriment it is to shy away from working on those issues. I got the impression that they were very fearful of being accused of conducting conversion therapy.  I am so confused.  What happened to the Hippocratic Oath these medical professionals took? 

Then I come across this in my search. I am so lost and just don’t know what to do anymore. I feel like we just need to close ranks and weather this storm under some major protection spells. 

https://www.apa.org/practice/guidelines/transgender.pdf
Reply


Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Messages In This Thread
This is why I am so very untrusting of the mental health systems… - by 143mykid - 23-Jul-2021, 04:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)